Whilst it is definitely living in the shadow of Social Media, Email Marketing is still the most effective way of communicating with your customer base. Having an email list is obviously important and your sales process and website need to work together to help build this list.
However small your list may be, its worth making a start. There are some really great free packages out there that can help you. Here are some reasons why you need to start;
- Numbers - There are more than 3.2 billion email accounts today. 95% of online consumers use email and, 91% check their email at least once a day
- Reach - The concept of reach is completely different between Social Media and Email. Whilst email is only opened by a fraction of subscribers, the actual message will reach its destination, s/he then has the option to not read it.
- Life Span - 75% of Facebook post impressions were achieved in just two hours and 30 minutes and, 75% of the “Reach” happens in only one hour and 50 minutes. The life span of a Tweet is so short, its popularity can be predicted in the first five minutes Email doesn’t die, it needs to be killed. Email sits there inside your subscriber’s inbox waiting to be acknowledged, even if it’s just to delete it, it requires of an action to end its life.
- Analytics - Email has a set of solid metrics that have been the standard for years: Growth, Open Rate, Click Rate, Complaints, Unsubscribes, and you can take it from there and even track sales and revenue.
- Personalisation - Email has the power to send one piece of content to thousands of people and still have some level of personalisation.
Email Marketing is Hugely powerful, and can be used in a very unobtrusive, informational way. If you'd like to find out more, Contact Chris Court for a chat.